A short vacation in Rome

16:03:00

Everyone needs time off. I'm no exception, and this short vacation was amazing -- decided to go on Saturday and was on the plane Sunday evening -- three days packed with wonderful food and sights!
Great photos courtesy of Simona.

Narrow streets and cozy courtyards with ancient churches in them.






Quaint atmosphere and street performers.




 Amazing food! I miss it so much...



Of course we visited the Coliseum. Was not too impressed -- Syria has "ruined" all the Roman ruins for me :)


And Vatican -- now that I liked a lot. (Except for the climb up to the top of the St. Peters Basilica, why does it have to be so high up? :) )



The view from the top though... Definitely worth it!




Some spaces in the Vatican museum are amazing (those steps are closed the the public, Simona got a photo by leaning out across the guard line :) )


We absolutely had to visit the Borghia gardens -- beautiful huge park, with lots of interesting stuff around.


 The Spanish steps -- full of guys with roses.


  And The Pantheon -- now this was really impressive!



I am definitely coming back! One more city to add to my worth visiting list :)


All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of jewellery -- leave a comment or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments