Air hardening clay

12:04:00

I have been looking at air hardening ceramic clay for a while and thinking it would be nice to try it out -- it is so different to all the other things I already know, should be fun!
But you know how these things go :) -- I never found time for it. Then during one of my visits my mother was showing her Japanese bowls and plates collection and mentioned that she did not find any chopstick rests that she liked and sort of hinted that it would be a great Christmas gift.
Hah -- what a great opportunity for me to try out the very thing. Upon my return home I got myself a pack of the ceramic clay and sat down to make some designs (not really :) it took me about 2 months to finally get around to it, good job, there was time before Christmas).
So here they are:



The rests are painted with acrylic paint and then with a layer of decoupage matt lacquer .
Also I packaged them nicely into this neat box with some raffia strings to tie it off:



All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website or a piece of soutache jewellery in general -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments