Love for Amber

20:28:00

Since I was little I remember amber being around me all the time -- in my mothers jewellery, in decorations on the wall, in the sand on the seashore but most of all in my grandfathers workshop.
The smell of amber dust mixed with freshly cut wood, heated metal and all this surrounded by all sorts of interesting (for an inquisitive little girl) equipment that my grandpa used to work miracles (as it looked to my excited younger self) from this warm honey coloured media.
Why do I suddenly remember all this? Recently, when going through my boxed belongings I found a sack full of small raw amber nuggets and the memories of all that time spent in my grandfathers workshop all those years ago came back.
A thought hit me -- what if I try to work that same magic? Of course, I will start slow and simple, but I have a vision and I think I will make that come true.
And now my first small experiments with amber and brass.
All natural, all handmade and unique:























 The metal details are made from brass using wirewrapping technique. The knot part is called Danish or love knot.



The amber I used is raw, unpolished and untreated in any way -- just the way you would find it lying on the beach.


 The pendant hangs on a waxed cotton string, fastens with a lobster clasp and has a brass fish charm attached to the clasp.


You can buy them in my Etsy shop.


All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website or a piece of soutache jewellery in general -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments