Black and white hearts

11:00:00

I started doing this set for a competition but at the last moment forgot to send the photos in :) Happens, I'm such a scatterbrain sometimes.
Bought the hovlite hearts some time ago just because I liked the shape and thought it would look good with soutache. For some reason I could not find the right idea for them for a long time though. Then I bought this soutache ribbon that was black and white! Bought it just because it looked really fun and never thought what is it that I can use it for. So it also ended up lying in my crafts box for a while.







A week or two ago I happened upon a competition the idea of which was that you had to make a piece of jewellery to fit one of the models that were given. I looked through them and thought -- ok, let's try this.
Yes, I went for the boring choice -- black and white, but hey, that was a first for me :) so far I have nothing in monochrome, everything is coloured.
This is the first time that I used frivolite technique in my works as well. I have been thinking and looking at it for a while, then decided to try it out and this work was an obvious choice for it. I think I will be using it much more in the future -- it allows for delicate touches where I need them and adding just a few beads would look unfinished.


So, without much further talk that is what it ended as -- a brooch and a pair of earrings. The brooch measures 7cm in lenght and 4cm in width and the earrings 7cm in length from the tops of the hooks (the motiff itself is 5cm in length) and 3cm in width. The hooks are Tibetan silver.
You can see teh on my Etsy shop.
 

All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website or a piece of soutache jewellery in general -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments